Anyone else love Ric Flair?
I grew up watching wrestling. But had absolutely no concept of who each wrestler was or which storyline was which. Instead, I was drawn to the “scary” characters with big personalities and a flair for the evil yet dramatic. And now Peacock is releasing a show that is catered to that exact interest. Their new show WWE EVIL comes exclusively to the streamer on March 24.
Created and hosted by John Cena, the 8-part docu-series is the latest expansion of WWE programming on Peacock. It’s also the first-ever original from WWE Studios.
Each one-hour episode of this psychological exposé, dives deep into a single infamous heel, unveiling rare behind-the-scenes details from some of the biggest names in the industry. These “evildoers” undeniably shaped pop culture through the decades, making a tremendous nostalgic impact that bled into mainstream culture today.
Watch the trailer for WWE Evil:
Benny Reuven, Vice President of Entertainment Unscripted Content at NBCUniversal Television and Streaming said of the series:
“As Peacock continues to expand its WWE programming, we are thrilled to bring the new original series ‘WWE Evil’ to the platform, working with the one and only John Cena. There is no one better to take viewers into the minds of WWE’s fiercest villains than Cena himself. We can’t wait for WWE fans to devour this series.”
WWE Evil exposes new details from the characters who defined a generation of WWE including each villain’s history, their key rivalries and career-defining moments.
Superstars featured in “WWE Evil” include:
- EPISODE 1 – “Hollywood” Hulk Hogan: Hulk Hogan goes “Hollywood”, betraying his fans and beliefs to become the personification of evil.
- EPISODE 2 – The Miz: From reality star to Superstar; Mike Mizanin took fame to new heights with his villainous alter-ego, The Miz.
- EPISODE 3 – Sasha Banks: There’s a villain inside all of us. Sasha Banks unleashes hers to become “The Boss”.
- EPISODE 4 – Brothers of Destruction: Brothers and sworn enemies The Undertaker and Kane align to become the ultimate evil duo in WWE.
- EPISODE 5 – Randy Orton: Randy Orton’s “evil” evolution into the “Legend Killer” unleashes the true demons lurking within.
- EPISODE 6 – Stephanie McMahon: Stephanie McMahon steps out of her father’s shadow to forge a legacy of power and corruption in WWE.
- EPISODE 7 – Ric Flair: Witness how the “Dirtiest Player in the Game” Ric Flair became one of WWE’s greatest villains.
- EPISODE 8 – Roman Reigns: From hated good guy to beloved bad guy; Roman Reigns finds new life by embracing his dark side.