The White House has recently issued a statement concerning The View co-host Joy Behar. This was given in response to a comment shared by the co-host on the show, possibly made in real time. Following this, fans are wondering about the future of the show, with the statement addressing its potential future, especially as another talk show recently met its end.
A White House Spokesperson Recently Shared A Statement Concerning Joy Behar & The View
Joy Behar has been part of The View since the very beginning, sitting alongside series creator Barbara Walters. Thanks to this, she has been involved with a variety of “hot topic” discussions over the years.
Recently, Behar made comments on the show that inspired a response from an official institution of the government: the White House. The statement also appeared to have been made in real time.


During an episode that aired this past Wednesday, the co-hosts discussed the beef between President Donald Trump and former President Barack Obama. At one point, Behar shared, “First of all, who tried to overthrow the government on Jan. 6? Let me think, who was that again…? That was not Obama.” This had been a reference to the 2021 alleged insurrection at the U.S. Capitol.
Behar continued, “The thing about [Trump] is he’s so jealous of Obama because Obama is everything that he is not. Trim. Smart. Handsome. Happily married…. And Trump cannot stand it. It’s driving him crazy. Jealous is not–, green is not a good color.”
According to Entertainment Weekly, White House spokesperson Taylor Rogers spoke with the publication about Behar’s comments. The statement read, “Joy Behar is an irrelevant loser suffering from a severe case of Trump Derangement Syndrome.” It also said that the show has “hit its lowest ratings.”
The Statement Comes Out As Another Talk Show Recently Came To An End
It was further claimed that The View was doing poorly in ratings. The statement continued, saying that Behar “should self-reflect on her own jealousy of President Trump’s historic popularity before her show is the next to be pulled off air,” suggesting these ratings could possibly bring an end to the show.
The View was reached for comment following this statement. Despite not addressing the statement directly, the series denied the show was doing poorly in the ratings. According to a spokesperson, The View “is up in total viewers and women 18-49, versus the comparable weeks last season, to its most-watched in four years.” They continued that, to date, “The View is ranking No. 1 in households and total viewers among all network daytime talk shows and news programs for the fifth straight season.”
The statement comes out as Stephen Colbert’s The Late Show was recently cancelled amid Paramount Global’s pending sale to Skydance Media. Thanks to this, talk show fans have grown increasingly concerned about the fates of various series as of late. President Trump also said Jimmy Kimmel was next on the chopping block in late-night shows.
Have you been following this story? Are you keeping up with The View? Make sure you come back to TV Shows Ace for all the latest reality TV and celebrity news.