Netflix has officially revealed the voice cast for its forthcoming animated sci-fi comedy series, titled Farzar, which hails from Roger Black and Waco O’Guin. John Wick alum Lance Reddick has signed on for a series regular role as the voice of Renzo. Joining him as series regulars are Dana Synder (Paradise PD), David Kaye (Eternals), Jerry Minor (Brickleberry), and Kari Wahlgren (Rick and Morty), while Grey Griffin (Loud House) and Carlos Alazraqui (Kamp Koral) have been cast as co-stars.
Their official character descriptions are listed below:
- Reddick’s Renzo – The “elected” czar of Farzar. Everyone usually votes for Renzo because otherwise, the voting booth fills with nerve gas. Renzo controls his people through propaganda and keeps them happy with antidepressants in the water supply. Renzo wants nothing more than to kill his nemesis, the “evil” leader of the aliens: Bazarack.
- Snyder’s Fichael – Czar Renzo and Queen Flammy’s only son. He’s never been outside the walls of the human city but is eager to become a great hero and impress his father.
- Snyder’s Bazarack – The leader of the “evil alien” rebels who live outside of the wall and want to overthrow the humans to take control of Farzar. He tries his best to look menacing but is very insecure and unsure of himself. He has a flair for the dramatic and would make a better theater professor than a leader of the alien forces.
- Snyder’s Billy – The product of an experiment, a highly incapable mutant weighed down by a giant lobster claw, chicken beak, rhino horn, skunk tail, and various other … parts. Billy is essentially a child mentally, but often shows a wisdom beyond his years and frequently serves as a voice of reason to our characters, whether they care to listen to him or not.
- Kaye’s Barry Barries – He was the greatest scientific mind on Farzar … until his nervous breakdown. Now all of his inventions are a little weird and/or make people feel uncomfortable. That being said, one way or another they always seem to get the job done. His greatest invention was a mutant hybrid, Billy, whom he considers a son.
- Mino’s Scootie – A former human soldier who lost almost his entire body in battle. He’s now a cyborg who gets offended when anyone calls him a robot. Scootie numbs his pain by crushing and snorting Snuffle Snarts — adorable, innocent aliens whose powder gives a euphoric high.
- Wahlgren’s Mal – Is a grizzled soldier who has seen and enjoys the hell of war. She is attached to her conjoined twin sister, Val, which sometimes gets in the way of her violent missions, but they have an arrangement on how to split time at their jobs. She has a thousand-yard stare and a seething intensity.
- Wahlgren’s Val – The antithesis of Mal, Val is a sweet and dedicated preschool teacher in the human city, who cares deeply about her students’ wellbeing. She is a hard worker with a positive attitude, despite sharing her body with one of the most violent, aggressive people on Farzar: her conjoined twin sister, Mal.
- Griffin’s Queen Flammy – The queen of Farzar, Fichael’s mother, and Renzo’s wife. Her spoiling of Fichael has made him the softie he is today and her mild senility enables Renzo to run the city without her intervention.
- Alazraqui’s Zobo – A mischievous little alien known as a chaos-celot, a species of aliens who feed on chaos. Zobo needs to create anarchy in order to survive. Eventually, he weasels his way into Prince Fichael’s inner circle, which gives him even more opportunities to be an effective agent of chaos.
Farzar is an outrageous sci-fi comedy which hails from creators and writers Roger Black and Waco O’Guin, who are also serving as showrunners. It is consists of ten 25-minute long episodes.
“Egotistical human warrior Renzo liberated the planet Farzar from the evil alien Bazarack, and then established a human settlement under a huge dome, becoming the Czar of Farzar,” reads the synopsis. “Years later, Farzar is under attack by the evil aliens once again and Renzo’s well-meaning and not-so-bright son Prince Fichael ventures out with his special crew “S.H.A.T.” (Special Hostile Assault Team!), made up of a human-solider-turned-cyborg (Scootie), clashing conjoined twins (Val and Mal), an unhinged scientist (Barry Barris), a highly incapable mutant (Billy) and a mischievous little alien known as a chaos-celot. (Zobo). As they begin their journey to fight the aliens that want to kill/eat them, Fichael quickly discovers that all is not what it seems and he may be living a lie.”
Farzar is produced by Odenkirk Provissiero Entertainment and Bento Box Entertainment. Executive producers are Black, O’Guin, Marc Provissiero, Scott Greenberg, and Joel Kuwahara.